When selling your house in a prime London location, an accurate and honest property valuation is essential, in order to understand how to market your property to the right audience at the right price. This is critical if you’re going to meet the objectives of your sale, particularly for high profile properties in London where there may be fewer potential buyers.
What factors are important when your house is valued?
There are many aspects that can impact property value and the purpose of the valuation is to take them all into consideration and create an overall view of the house worth.
So, what is taken into consideration when determining the value of a property?
- Prime London locations offer many vital aspects that are important to buyers. This can lead to fierce competition for properties in these areas, which in turn affects the property price.
- Local amenities. Excellent schools, popular shops and restaurants and good transport links add to a location’s desirability.
- Crime rates. You want to live in an area where you feel safe and secure.
- Area regeneration. People are drawn to areas by the promise of redevelopment, potentially increasing long-term property values.
- Property specifics. The number of bedrooms and bathrooms, age, size of the garden, parking facilities, layout and overall condition of the interior and exterior.
- Home improvements. If you’ve converted the loft or built an extension, these should have a positive effect on the price
- External condition. Curb appeal can help draw in potential buyers if the gardens building exterior is well maintained.
Getting an expert valuation
Whether it’s a house or luxury apartment, there are so many factors that can affect a property valuation and the impact of these factors continually change within the context of what’s happening in the surrounding area and broader housing market.
Most valuations are offered for free but when you want a property valuation, you need to make sure that what’s on offer suits your needs.
Ensure you work with an estate agent with expert knowledge of the area in which you’re selling. They should have a current understanding of what is happening, know who your potential buyers are and what they’re looking for. They should also “know” your property, taking time to explore your building so they know what they are selling.
Also ask them to talk about how they’ve sold similar properties in the area.
Aston Chase is one of the foremost residential agencies specialising at the top end of the residential market in central and North West London.
We have over 30 years’ experience in providing valuations in these areas. Our expertise and knowledge enable us to provide first class service and support to buyers and sellers.
If you have property to sell in these locations and you would like to know how much your property is worth, please contact Aston Chase today, and we will help you to achieve your property objectives.